Core Summer Series with Coach Curtis
This 7-week total skills
- 2 days a week all summer
- 21 hours of on-ice training
- Parachute resistance training
- Reaction shadow training
- Overspeed/bungee training
- Game-specific stickhandling/moves/dekes
- Limited spots available
Group A: 2007,2008,2009,2010
Group B: 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006
July: 9,16,23,30 August:6,13,20
-Forward stride fundamentals;
- body position,
- stride angle,
- recovery angles
-On rush pass receptions at full stride
-Straight line moves
-First step acceleration techniques;
- Cross-over starts
- glide accelerations
-Parachute resistance training for Group B
-Multidirectional moves and attacks.
-Explosive direction changes using, starts, stops, punch turns, tight turns, escape moves
- Forward Cross-overs,
- Linear Cross-overs.
- Parachute resistance training with cross-overs Group B.
- On rush passing to attacking – hitting lanes with speed.
- Tight area stickhandling and awareness development.
- Small area gameplay.
- -Backward skating fundamentals.
- -Transitions, reverse pivots
- Transitioning off both edges on a single leg.
- -Backward acceleration.
- -Transitional attacks.
- -1 on 1's.
- Puck control mastery
- Puck protection and escape moves
- In tight puck control
- Quick feet puck control and moves
- -dekes, shooting, and passing
- Overspeed training
- Overspeed bungee cords for acceleration, direction changes, first step speed.
- Fast twitch reaction drills.
- Keep body weight on the acceleration points of the blade (ball of the foot).
- End to end rushes, understanding how to read the play in front of you, open ice rushes and moves.
- -Putting it all together
- -Recap of everything focused on over the summer